Who We Are
The Texas Center for Drug Development, Inc. is a large, multi-specialty clinical research organization with over 12,500 sq. ft. of dedicated research space located in the Medical Professional Building of Bellaire, in Houston, Texas.Founded and grown by a dedicated Medical Director with over 25 years of clinical trial experience and 20 years of service as an adjunct Professor of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, TCDD has a long history of exemplary service to the Houston area community as well as an excellent and award-winning reputation with a lengthy list of major pharmaceutical companies and clinical research organizations.Today, TCDD conducts more simultaneous clinical studies than any other private clinical research institution in the Houston area. Due to the privelege of enjoying such consistent success and growth, we are pleased to inform the Houston community that for more than a decade we have closely operated in coordination with a sister site, DM Clinical Research, in Tomball, TX. This sister site was founded by the current CEO of TCDD and who also continues to serve as CEO of DM Clinical Research (click here for DM Clinical Research).
In addition to being able to offer our network of servies and support to patients, families, and physicians living near and far from the Houston Medical Center, we proudly offer a large and diverse group of experienced doctors and staff including: 5 Principal Investigators, 6 Sub-Investigators, 12 clinical research coordinators (many of whom are foreign medical graduates holding MD degrees), and separate departments for regulatory affairs, quality assurance, meticulous data entry, information technology, and finance.Our research sites also have a large multi-lingual recruitment team, responsible for placing ads in the local media and online social platofrms, hosting health fairs, distributing fliers, conducting community outreach, and securing referrals from well-respected area physicians. Door-to-door transportation is also available as needed and is provided to help patients and their loved ones with their indiviual needs.
In addition, our organization keeps a series of research-only databases, made up exclusively of previous study volunteers happy with their experience and eager to support clinical research again. These research databases are divided into a 15,000 subject internal medicine database, a 4,000 patient psychiatric database, and a 3,000 person healthy volunteer database for vaccine and phase I studies.
- Numerous awards for excellence in patient care and study enrollment
- A Large Multi-Specialty Clinical Research Organization with over 12,500 sq. ft. of dedicated research space, conducting Phase I, II, III, and IV studies and conveniently located in the Medical Professional Building of Bellaire, in Houston, Texas.
- Our site has its own Principal Investigators, clinical research coordinators, laboratory and laboratory technicians, private treatment rooms and discussions rooms, examination equipment, climate-controlled continuously monitored drug storage, secure database system, advertisers, marketers, and recruiters.
- A 10-bed inpatient unit (with showers) for subspecialty and overnight studies
- Over 200 studies conducted in the last 7 years with 12 major pharma companies
- A team of multi-lingual doctors expertly specializing in a wide variety of conditions such as diabetes, pre-diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, heart failure, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), migraine, infectious disease, allergies, asthma, arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, depression, fertility, and contraception (birth control or Women's Health), just to name a few.
- On-site Principle and Sub-Investigators are Board Certified in internal medicine, family medicine, neurology, and psychiatry, and we are partnered with prominent Board-Certified physicians from each additional sub-specialty at external sites within the Houston area community.
- Highly-trained regulatory specialists to handle IRB (Institutional Review Board) submissions and ensure exemplary compliance with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) guidelines
- A financial and legal division for handling budgets, contracts, study invoices, patient compensation, and other payments
- A separate recruitment division with 5 full-time specialists
- A 15,000 patient internal medicine database, a 4,000 patient psychiatric database, and a 3,000 person vaccine database- all comprised of previous satisfied study volunteers
- Exclusive arrangements with local hospitals and imaging centers for expedited out-patient procedures and diagnostic tests
- Active community support and outreach programs including medical fairs and free health screenings.
- An ethnically diverse patient population of 6 million that is 30% Hispanic, 30% African-American, 30% Caucasian, 8% Asian, and 2% Other